Want to get loaded up on healty Omega 3 essential fatty acids without eating a bunch of fish?
CHIA SEEDS contain more Omega 3’s gram for gram than salmon!
Don’t be fooled by their size, these little guys pack a mega nutritional punch with not only Omega 3’s but also antioxidants, fiber, protein, calcium, manganese, magnesium and calcium.
Eating them is easy, sprinkle them on your breakfast cereal, on your toast spread, in your smoothie, on your salad any way you like.
Here is a really cool desert recipe for chia seed and mango pudding:
- 2 cups vanilla coconut milk or almond milk
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 vanilla bean or 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3½ tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch cardamom
- 1 large mango or 2 small mangoes
- Add coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla bean seeds or extract, 2½ tablespoons maple syrup, cinnamon, and cardamom to an airtight container. Whisk and refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Once your chia pudding is ready, slice your mango and scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add in 1 tablespoon maple syrup and process into a smooth mango cream.
- In four small glasses or two larger glasses, create layers of chia pudding and mango cream starting with the pudding. I did 6 total layers or 3 layers of each.
- Enjoy and refrigerate leftovers!